DC for James Craig

Items of general interest

Moderators: Global Moderators, Pandabean

Anniespangles

DC for James Craig

Post by Anniespangles » Thu May 07, 2015 9:24 pm

Hi ,I ve been hunting and hunting for a DC for a James Craig born around 1863ish Irvine ~ he lived in Renton and was married to a Christina McLean at Renton in 1884 aged 21 ~ he is in the 1911 census and was alive when his wife died in 1913 ~ he could have moved anywhere after her death or been moved anywhere , as it is said he was a very cruel alcoholic .He had 2 sons the eldest being William the other being Alex so I have looked to see if he was a William or Alexander James but just used the name James but to no avail ~ maybe I am missing something ? Oh his mothers maiden name was Webster ,any help would be fantastic ! Thank you x

LesleyB

Re: DC for James Craig

Post by LesleyB » Mon May 11, 2015 5:19 pm

Hi Anniespangles

Have you traced him through the census years e.g. where is he in 1871?
Does he always give the same place of birth in each census year?
What are his parents' names (on the marriage entry in 884)?
The more information you can gather the more likely it is that you (or we!) will track him down,

Best wishes
Lesley

Anniespangles

Re: DC for James Craig

Post by Anniespangles » Sun May 24, 2015 1:59 am

Hi and thanks ,well I had a wee look around for James Craig in the 1871 census and the best I could find was an 11year old James Craig living as a boarder at an address in Renton with no other family members. Himself and two other young boys had NK written where place of birth should have been ~ I am guessing NK means Not Known ~ there was a rumor in the family that one of his daughters was sent away to live with other people but I have researched this and found it not to be true .I am now wondering if that family story belongs to James himself .I have searched for a BC and a DC for this fella without joy ,its really the DC I would love to see .His father was William Craig and his mother Jeanie Webster .James MC and 1901 and 1911 census all say he was born Irvine Ayr . I have checked births from 1859 to 1864 but maybe I am still out a tad ~ feeling a bit lost and overwhelmed with this search . There is a James Craig born in a poorhouse in Irvine 1863 to a girl named Jane Craig he is said to be illigitimate on his BC ,but I don't think this is the one I am looking for .