George Stephen Boyd

Items of general interest

Moderators: Global Moderators, Pandabean

davelna

George Stephen Boyd

Post by davelna » Thu May 18, 2017 5:06 pm

Just been following up on my research for Elizabeth Henry Schoolar and George Stephen Boyd who were married 1899 in Wamphrey They had a daughter Elizabeth Henry Boyd born 1903. Elizabeth died age 21 in 1924, from TB, Carstairs Junction, Lanark. Death certificate states father George Boyd deceased. I have trawled through Scotlands People for a death for George S Boyd, 1903-1924 to no avail. Is there someone out there who could point me in the right direction please. (George Stephen Boyd born 1870 Fordyce).

Elna
Interests; Boyd/Boyde, Sutherland, Stevenson and McBeath in Fordyce, Sandend and Keith

davelna

Re: George Stephen Boyd

Post by davelna » Sat May 20, 2017 3:09 pm

I think George died in USA. Found a death for George Stephen Boyd 3rd August 1906 Multnomah, Oregon. 3 of his brothers had already emigrated to Oregon. Unable to find passenger list to USA for that period in order to confirm. Anyone know where I could look?
Interests; Boyd/Boyde, Sutherland, Stevenson and McBeath in Fordyce, Sandend and Keith

Bob C

Post by Bob C » Sat May 20, 2017 10:32 pm

There is a George S Boyd crossing into the US from Glascow on 5 October 1901 via Montreal, Quebec. He is going to see his brother James Boyd in Portland, Oregon.

The record can be found here.

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2185163
Searching for Baillie in
Kettle, Collessie, Auchtermuchty and Markinch Fife
South Leith Midlothian
Larbert and Stirling

davelna

Post by davelna » Sun May 21, 2017 10:48 am

Thank you Bob C,
That would make sense of not being able to find them in Scotland. His marriage cert states Grocery Manager and he did have older brother James living in Portland Oregon. Have now found he died 3rd August 1906 and is buried in Riverdale Cemetery Multnomah Oregon. I guess his wife Elizabeth must have returned to Scotland. Still not found birth for daughter Elizabeth born circa 1903 Must have been in US.
Regards
Elna