Some Interesting Reading Grave Matters.

Churchyards and Monumental Inscriptions, Burial and headstone information

Moderators: Global Moderators, LesleyB

kitkat27

Some Interesting Reading Grave Matters.

Post by kitkat27 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:49 pm

As Some of you may know I've been helping The Friends of Glasgow Necropolis to transcribe their Burial Records.

As part of this a Quarterly Magazine update called Grave Matters is produced and it highlights some of the recent 'finds' and goes into more detail.

I thought as a most of us are locked down again and spending more time indoors it might be something of interest for people to read.

Many varying topics are covered and it does sometimes span a fair distance of the country depending on the circumstances around the Burial, or the person themselves so don't just think about it as a Glasgow based Publication as its not.

The Latest Issue and all previous issues can be found at the below link.
https://www.glasgownecropolis.org/grave-matters/

I hope this is of interest and benefit to someone out there.

Stay Safe everyone. :D

SarahND
Site Admin

Re: Some Interesting Reading Grave Matters.

Post by SarahND » Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:02 am

Thank you for the link! There are indeed some interesting stories included in the magazine and I look forward to reading them all. It is a valuable complement to the profiles section of the website. Will the sketches eventually be included in the profiles or will they only appear in the newsletter?

Best wishes,

Sarah

kitkat27

Post by kitkat27 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:41 pm

Hi Sarah

I'm glad you found them interesting.

I actually don't know if the articles are added to the profiles on the website but I shall ask someone who might know and get back to you on that one.

kitkat27

Post by kitkat27 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:13 pm

Hi Sarah got a reply for your query.
Not all of the articles in GM could be expanded into full profiles, what you get in GM is all there is. However other cases could be expanded. It is all a question of finding time to do it. You've set me thinking and I have a couple of ideas I want to pursue but don't hold your breath.
Basically Time is the issue, as with most projects along the same lines.
Hope this answers your question.
Thanks again for your interest.

SarahND
Site Admin

Post by SarahND » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:52 am

Thanks for asking! I submitted a profile for my 3G grandfather a few years back, so am familiar with that section of the website. It just occurred to me that some of the write-ups in the magazine would lend themselves well to the profile section.

All the best,

Sarah