Where did you hear of TalkingScot? (2005)

TalkingScot asks its members...

Moderator: Global Moderators

AndrewP
Site Admin

Where did you hear of TalkingScot? (2005)

Post by AndrewP » Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:54 am

We at TalkingScot are happy to see so many new members joining up. Can you please tell us how you found us. That can help us target future advertising more effectively.

Thanks in advance for your help with this matter.

All the best,

Andrew Paterson
for the Admin Group of TalkingScot
Last edited by AndrewP on Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rosemary

Post by Rosemary » Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:49 am

I found out from someone I'd contacted about family history, on scotlandspeople site. He kindly directed me to your site and I am thankful to you all for getting it up and running.

marilyn morning
Global Moderator

Post by marilyn morning » Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:54 am

Good News spread fast! I was told by a member of the former DG on Scotlandspeople. Then I passed the word to a gal "NS" and a guy "JM" from Renfrewshire. "NS" told her son, Elvis who lives in the Bristish Isles. Two of the Three are now members. JM on you on board yet?

Marilyn
Last edited by marilyn morning on Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dogs leave paw prints on your heart.
Maxine Morning b. 23 April 1998 d. 14 Nov. 2008
http://talkingscot.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-1718

Dubbleu

Post by Dubbleu » Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:16 am

Word of mouth..
I too had been on Scotlands People and was disappointed to find out that the dg was closed because it was a great place for learning and sharing. I had not heard about TalkingScot until I got a message from someone I met through SP who has been so helpful to me with my research.

Thank you for TalkingScot!
:lol:
Wendy
Livingstone, Spencer, Reid, Frazer, Warnock, McMoultry - Pollokshaws, Eastwood, Renfrew, Glasgow & US

mjh

Talking Scot

Post by mjh » Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:32 am

I heard about Talking Scot from my sister, HeatherK. She sent me an e-mail and asked me to the party. However, I did not get to check my e-mail till I went to work on the 3rd. The computer at home was in use (Heather was at the Party and doing her research), so I was too late to join in. Just after she got her computer and started her research I went to Newfoundland for a visit and Mum let me take a few very old photos back with me to copy. It was great fun scanning them into the computer and fixing them up before getting them printed and sending them back to Mum for Christmas. Of course I gave Heather her own copies and she has added them to the family tree. It is great to see what some of the people we are researching looked like and to have some data (ie: dates of births, marriages and even deaths) too. So you probably won't see me looking for much info Heather is hogging the computer, except when her children beat her to it. Well bye for now and I look forward to reading all the postings.
mjh

BarbR

Post by BarbR » Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:52 am

Someone started a thread on the GenesReunited site recommending this new Scottish site for anyone who missed the Discussion Group at Scotland's People. That's where I read about you!

Barbara

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:21 am

Oor Wullie,Your Wullie,A'body's Wullie.
:D HeatherK

Jean Jeanie
Global Moderator

Post by Jean Jeanie » Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:28 pm

I E mailed Drew Davidson at Aberdeenshire Free Reg for advice on how best to trace records for my ancestors in Aberdeen. He very kindly gave me his advice and then a few days later he e mailed me with details of TS.
THANK YOU DREW.

Jean

meelymunch

Talking Scot

Post by meelymunch » Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:29 pm

I was introduced to the Talking Scot forum by David Webster. It's a godsend after the closure of the Scotlandspeople DG.
Happy New Year everyone :!:

Cheers,Carole.
Re-searching: Gifford,Grant,McHattie,
Wood "Park",Geddes,Findlay,Robertson,Milton,Cowie from Buckie,Portgordon,Fordyce + Portknockie,Banffshire.
McDonalds from Fraserburgh,Aberdeen.
Geddes,Harvey + Vogt from Glasgow,Lanarkshire + Rothesay,Bute.

HeatherV

Post by HeatherV » Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:25 pm

I came across a reference to this forum on Sue's Blether Board.
Researching: Fulton, Lidster, Murdoch, MacLean, Graham, Shedden, Fairlie, Renton, Lynch, Gordon