Where did you hear of TalkingScot? (2005)

TalkingScot asks its members...

Moderator: Global Moderators

Linda Malpass

Talking Scot

Post by Linda Malpass » Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:41 pm

I originally sent an e mail to Scotlands People to say how disappointed I was to the decision to cancel out the DG, and that I found it to be such a great service, I did not receive a reply, so I sent an email to a User Group member of SP and he put me onto this site. Thanks to him and everyone that was instrumental in getting us this new forum.
Linda

AnnetteR

Post by AnnetteR » Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:49 pm

I was invited along by David Webster and I can't thank him enough. I have since tried to spread the word by asking the Fife Family History Society to pass it on to their members. I haven't received a reply from them yet but am keeping my fingers crossed.

Annette
-----------------------------------------------------
Researching in Fife: Wilson, Ramsay, Cassels/Carswell, Lindsay, Millar, Bowman and many others.
In Glasgow and West of Scotland: Aitchison, Wilkinson, Keenan, Black, Kinloch and Leiper.

pipersdaughter

Post by pipersdaughter » Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:23 pm

used to look in on the DG on the SP site, but never added - saw a thread by a lady on Genes Reunited site - and took a look - I do like what I see - cheers :-)

she

Wendy

TalkingScot.com

Post by Wendy » Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:14 pm

I came across a reference to this forum on Sue's Blether Boardas well....and have contacted other researchers to tell them of this site...Many thanks for our new forum...and wish everyone all the best

Wendy :D
Searching for :
Anderson, Dunlop, Gibson, Moreland, Paterson,

StewL

Post by StewL » Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:27 am

I got an invitation from Oor Davie (Wullie) before the site actually began, and I think from oor Nova Stotian ( :lol: ). Although at that time emails were flying thick and fast.
Stewie

Searching for: Anderson, Balks, Barton, Courtney, Davidson, Downie, Dunlop, Edward, Flucker, Galloway, Graham, Guthrie, Higgins, Laurie, Mathieson, McLean, McLuckie, Miln, Nielson, Payne, Phillips, Porterfield, Stewart, Watson

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:20 am

I also was introduced to the site by David Webster. I have since posted the information on my website and see that several members have joined here as well.
I also invited a couple of other friends who are with us, but need to follow up on a couple of others.
Catherine

CatrionaL

Post by CatrionaL » Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:22 pm

It's also thanks to Davie Webster that I'm involved in the site.

Am delighted to see that so many are "getting the message".

Catriona

MaryB

Post by MaryB » Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:05 pm

word of mouth - from Ina
Black Isle - Beaton Bethune Campbell
Inverness - Mackintosh
Aberdeen - Mitchell Leslie
Ireland - Cosgrove McGuire
Southshields - Patterson/Pattieson Campbell Sloan
Greenock - Boyle McPhail Blair McKechnie Clark

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:10 pm

I just want to give credit where its due.While Wullie first told me of the new forum ,it was Jean P who had my address from SP.
HK

Bob Haining

Where did you hear of talkingscot

Post by Bob Haining » Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:38 am

I heard about this site from two sources, my second cousin Linda Malpass, and from "Sporran". Not only is this site an excellent source of information for a beginner like me (only been researching for 2 years) but also it's a fun site. I'm hoping this site is able to stay away from the petty bickering that was on the SPDG.

Are we going to have another "Party" on the 25th of this month for Robbie Burns stories?
Bob
---------
Researching: Haining, Kirkwood's from Dalmellington/Kilwinning, Filson, Goldie, Pollock.