Where did you hear of TalkingScot? (2005)

TalkingScot asks its members...

Moderator: Global Moderators

DonnaMarilyn

Post by DonnaMarilyn » Sun Jun 19, 2005 4:09 pm

Indeed I'm a Canuck, Heather. :wink: Toronto-born, grew up in northern Ontario. Have just learned in the past year that I have a couple of lineages that took root in Nova Scotia. It's opened up a whole new direction. :)

Donna
Researching Barra MacNeils and MacDonalds, Corbet(t)s from Port Augustus area late 1700s.

Mary P

Post by Mary P » Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:26 pm

:D In my serch for information regarding my Scottish ancestors, I was fortunate enough to be directed to your site from a fellow researcher.

mesklin

Post by mesklin » Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:35 pm

Hello Mary

Pleased to be hearing from you. Hope that you are enjoying being with TalkingScot.

Mesklin

doreen

Post by doreen » Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:54 pm

I arrived here via a fellow member of http://www.liverpool-genealogy.org.uk she gave an excelent report about this site.
After joining , I myself am glad that I landed on my feet, and have found from the Posts and replies I am also learning.
doreen

-------------------------------------------------------
Dumfrieshire- Buchanan, Blacklock.

CatrionaL

Post by CatrionaL » Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:25 pm

Good to have you with us, Doreen. Glad you've found various posts helpful.

All the best for your research.

Catriona

meg mullach

Talking Scot

Post by meg mullach » Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:33 am

I found the forum when returning after my time away, I was looking for the previous discussion group at the revamped Scotlands People.

I have also had some contact with one of the moderators in a past life who was extremely helpful when I first started out, which also partly convinced me to join.

Meg Mullach

JustJean

Post by JustJean » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:39 am

Hi Meg
It's good to have you here and nice that you decided to re-up! Hope that you stay around a good long while.
Best wishes
Jean

Rachel

market research

Post by Rachel » Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:35 pm

:o i stumbled across talking scot accidently while searching on Scotlandspeople. Having enjoyed the previous forums I was waiting for the new group to start up, sadly no one told me. Did I blot my copybook last time, hope not.
Rachel
searching. McFeeters,Finlayson,Baillie,Carey,Young,Fiskin and Lone/Loan Ireland,Scotland Glasgow and Perth.
Finlayson and Cooksley Chelsea Kensington and Somerset.

DavidWW

Re: market research

Post by DavidWW » Sun Jul 17, 2005 4:20 pm

homer3452.fsnet.co.uk wrote::o i stumbled across talking scot accidently while searching on Scotlandspeople. Having enjoyed the previous forums I was waiting for the new group to start up, sadly no one told me. Did I blot my copybook last time, hope not.
Rachel
Rachel

Welcome back :!:

No copybook blotting involved, as long, of course, as you tell all your mates about TalkingScot.com \:D/

Davie

Noeline

Post by Noeline » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:18 am

I heard about Talkingscot from David Webster on his recent visit to New Zealand.
Searching in Fife for
WILLIAMSON. OLIPHANT, HENDRY, MILLER