RC Confession Stories

Items of general interest

Moderators: Global Moderators, Pandabean

Geraldine

RC Confession Stories

Post by Geraldine » Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:55 pm

“My seven year old was practising with the class as he was making his First Confession. After it was all over the teacher asked how they had all gotten on and a boy in his class piped up “everyone in the class took all the good sins to say so I just told the priest that I had done adultery”.

“I was about ten and went to confession as usual. The curtain slid open behind a rectangular metal grill. ‘Bless me Father for I have sinned, it is one week since my last confession.’ Silence ‘“Well, my son, what have you done wrong?’ nothing Father I replied (I did not lie) “Well, my son you must have done little things wrong. Were you disobedient to your Mum or Dad?” No Father I replied ‘’Well, perhaps you took something nice from a shop: a sweet or little lollipop? No Father I replied ‘’What about swearing; did you swear when you were angry?’’ No Father, I replied. With a heavy sigh he then said to me ‘’Ok, my son, tell me one of your old sins, and then say three Hail Marys and a Glory Be’’ Thus I was absolved twice for venial sins that I may have invented, in order to put the priest at ease. It didn’t strike me at the time that making something up for a good purpose would even qualify as a venial sin”.

One poor girl had confessed to an empty seat.

“I went to confession with my sister and she was in the confessional for ages, when she finally came out she looked puzzled. As she left the box I saw her open the door to the ‘priest side’ and when the door was opened there was no one there!”

Do you have any humorous stories about Confession?