Where did you hear of TalkingScot? (2009)

TalkingScot asks its members...

Moderator: Global Moderators

phillie

Who do you think you are?

Post by phillie » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:56 pm

Hi,

Just thought I'd let you know that I too saw the David Michell WDYTYA, I just spotted the name and looked it up right away. I've been looking into my Scottish ancestry for about 8 years and I couldn't believe that I had never come across TS before! :shock:

Anne H
Global Moderator

Post by Anne H » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:41 am

Hi phillie,

Glad you found us and a warm welcome to TalkingScot! :D

Regards,
Anne H

Madge

Post by Madge » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:39 am

I saw on another forum that you were off-line, then after some discussions there was a 'Hooray, they're back' posting, I had a look then joined up, I was gob-smacked when I saw the logo on WDYTYA.

Looking for my Scottish ancestors with names like Elliott and Walker is like looking for a needle in a haystack so I shall probably be spending a lot of time on here asking questions.

Margaret

LesleyB

Post by LesleyB » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:31 am

Hi Margaret
...and wecome toTalking Scot :D
Looking for my Scottish ancestors with names like Elliott and Walker is like looking for a needle in a haystack
I think we all know that feeling, especially those with Smiths in their trees! :lol: If you make a post with your problem area(s), giving names and dates and what you've found already, we'll do our best to help you out. :D

Best wishes
Lesley

35Tweed

Hello

Post by 35Tweed » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:57 pm

It was the David Mitchell WDYTYA wot dunnit!
I honestly had never seen this site mentioned before but I'm sure glad I've found it now. Better late than never eh? :)

LesleyB

Post by LesleyB » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:49 pm

Better late than never eh?
Absolutely!! Welcome aboard, 35Tweed :D

Best wishes
Lesley

ninatoo

Post by ninatoo » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:36 pm

I think this is fantastic....welcome to all the new people!

Don't be afraid to ask questions....that's how I learned what I know, and I am still asking them! You will always find a friendly helping hand here, even if we can't find your information or where to get it from - we will commiserate with you! :lol:

Nina
Researching: Easton ( Renfrewshire, Dunbarton and Glasgow), Corr (Londonderry and Glasgow), Carson (Co. Down, Irvine, Ayrshire and Glasgow), Logan (Londonderry and Glasgow)

lesleyann208

Post by lesleyann208 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:02 am

hi Andrew, I'm researching both my maternal and paternal grand parents; maternal - McFarlane and Sharp from Fife and paternal - Cuthbert. I've had reasonable success with the Cuthberts tracing some family back to great, great grand parents but not so much luch with the McFarlane's...my grand father Patrick McFarlane was born in 1901 in Belfast, the family then were known as McParland and there were 13 children. They moved to Scotland and my grand father worked down the Randolph pit in Fife. Maybe I'll have some luck thru talking scot eh? Oh and I noted 'talking scot' on a recent episode of the BBC series 'who do you think you are'. Kind regards Lesley.

Anne H
Global Moderator

Post by Anne H » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:07 pm

Hi Lesley,

Welcome to TalkingScot :D there are lots of members here ready to help solve mysteries and answer questions whenever they can. Ask away...just let us know where you've already looked so that others won't go over the same territory.

Regards,
Anne H

fionamurray

Hi all

Post by fionamurray » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:00 pm

Hello :D My name is Fiona and I have been going my family tree for about 8 years now. I don't know how I've missed this website as I live n Scotland (West Lothian) but work in Glasgow. I saw mention of this website on another scottissh family tree website. Out of interest, where is this website based?

:?:

best wishes Fiona
Murray, Mcleans and more!