Where did you hear of TalkingScot? (2007)

TalkingScot asks its members...

Moderator: Global Moderators

sharon m

Post by sharon m » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:55 pm

lol russell im next to the park at the top of village , meet ye by the swings :lol:
looking for mccall , campbell, laverty, morning

trish58

Market Research

Post by trish58 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:01 am

Hi Team :lol:

I also found you through Scotlands People whilst browsing, I bless the day I found you all, such a great site, and the best ever team of experts always willing and helpful. [cheers]

Thanks
Tricia

LesleyB

Post by LesleyB » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:21 am

Hi Tricia
Welcome on board!
Glad you have settled in here. :D

Best wishes
Lesley

Mo-anne

Post by Mo-anne » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:43 pm

I came upon Talking Scot through one of the links on SP. I only registered a few weeks ago but I've quickly become addicted as it's so varied, challenging and intellectually challenging - a real life puzzler!
I've learned an amazing amount from posts on this site and have had some marvellous help in response to questions I've posted.
And the site is so Scottish - makes me a little homesick over here in Poland.
A great site ! Mo-anne

Anne H
Global Moderator

Post by Anne H » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:50 pm

Hi Mo-anne,

Glad you joined us. The members of TS are some of the nicest people around and are fantastic about sharing their wealth of knowledge.
:D
Regards,
Anne H

DavidWW

Post by DavidWW » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:44 pm

sharon m wrote:hiya i found talking scot :D from marilyn my long distance cousin

ps whens the next beach party cos i got ''married'' at my last one??
"merrit" - Eh ?!

David

Spacot

Post by Spacot » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:17 am

Hi a new member, found your forum through a reply to a question submitted to British Genealogy Forum, sounded just what I need, based in Scotland researching Scottish ancestors and tired of everything being related to English information.

SarahND
Site Admin

Post by SarahND » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:24 am

Hi Spacot!
And a warm welcome to Talking Scot! [talkingscot]
We look forward to hearing about your genealogical puzzles... You'll find us a friendly group of researchers who like nothing better than chipping away at ancestral brick walls :D

All the best,
Sarah

KateW

Post by KateW » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:50 pm

Hi,
You've just been recommended to me by someone on the British Genealogy website. They thought I might have more luck looking for info about Scottish ancestors here. They said you are all knowledgable and helpful - sounds good! :)

I am researching Whyte, Ross and Mackay in Durness, Sutherland and Pittendrigh (various spellings) in Aberdeen. I was hoping to find someone researching the same names. :D

I have had a look around the site. What is the best way to ask specific questions :?: Should I do it by name or county :?:

Many thanks,
KateW

emanday
Global Moderator

Post by emanday » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:26 pm

Hi Kate,

A warm welcome to [talkingscot] [scotland-flag]

We love questions, especially mysteries :lol:

If you look at the forum titles, any questions you have that fit into one of them, ask away!

If none of them seem appropriate, just pop it into General Discussion. We all read all new posts, so your question won't be missed.

We are all here, poised like wee greyhounds at the starting gate :lol:
[b]Mary[/b]
A cat leaves pawprints on your heart
McDonald or MacDonald (some couldn't make up their mind!), Bonner, Crichton, McKillop, Campbell, Cameron, Gitrig (+other spellings), Clark, Sloan, Stewart, McCutcheon, Ireland (the surname)