Streets in Pontypridd

A country in its own right

Moderator: Global Moderators

Rockford

Streets in Pontypridd

Post by Rockford » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:30 pm

Hi everyone,

It seems weird to be posting a Welsh query here, but well, nothing ventured....

I was briefly in Wales last week and took the opportunity to divert through Pontypridd to try and get some photos of houses/streets where relations lived years ago - my wife is understanding about my 'hobby' :wink:

I managed to get a photo of the house my grandmother was born in, but we got hopelessly lost trying to find one of the other streets - due to me forgetting to take a map! We ran out of time before we had to leave to reach our final destination. I'm now back in Scotland and it's unlikely I'll be back in Wales for some time.

Is there a kind TS member who might be able to help me? I wouldn't want anyone to go out of their way, but if anyone might be able to help, send me a PM and I'll send on the details.

[I've also posted this query on Rootschat in case anyone there might be able to help]

Best wishes

Brian
SMITH - Luss/Lanarkshire
BURNSIDE - Londonderry/Lothian
SWEENEY - Donegal/Monklands
GILCHRIST - Lanark/Lothians/Peebles
HUNTER/GWYNNE - Monklands/Fife/Stirling
LOGIE/DUNLOP/YOUNG/THOMSON - Lothian

paddyscar
Site Admin

Post by paddyscar » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:46 am

Hi Rockford:

There's a street map

http://maps.google.co.uk unfortunately it doesn't have a street level view.

Frances
John Kelly (b 22 Sep 1897) eldest child of John Kelly & Christina Lipsett Kelly of Glasgow

Rockford

Post by Rockford » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:00 pm

Hi Frances,

I've looked at the area on several maps - that's why it's so infuriating that I forgot to take one with me! Searching on the link you gave shows even from the bird's eye view that the houses are similar to those a couple of miles away which is where we actually ended up!

I took a couple of photographs of the houses in several streets to get an idea of what the houses might be like, so I may have to content myself with that for the time being.

Best wishes

Brian
SMITH - Luss/Lanarkshire
BURNSIDE - Londonderry/Lothian
SWEENEY - Donegal/Monklands
GILCHRIST - Lanark/Lothians/Peebles
HUNTER/GWYNNE - Monklands/Fife/Stirling
LOGIE/DUNLOP/YOUNG/THOMSON - Lothian