French Connection 2

East and West

Moderator: Global Moderators

nelmit

French Connection 2

Post by nelmit » Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:47 pm

While at Park Circus today I discovered purely by accident that my husband's ggrandfather Thomas Campbell married a lady called Minnie Campbell Steven(s) in 1892. Of course it had to be at the end of the day but before they prised me from the chair I managed a quick look at the 1891 census and discovered she was born in Dunkirk, France about 1865.

I had a look for her death in Scotland before 1899, because that's when he married Ann Fraser Sutherland, but couldn't find one. :?
On his marriage certificate to Ann (I have the original) he states he is a bachelor. :shock: :shock:

Can anybody help or advise how to proceed. Minnie's parents' names were Peter Steven(s) and Joan Campbell. Very confusing but according to the marriage entry there was no relationship.

Kind regards,
Annette M

LesleyB

Post by LesleyB » Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:49 pm

Hi Annette
Isn't it always the way that something truly interesting turns up when its 15 minutes to closing time, no matter which archive or library you are in? "Someone's" law no doubt!! :lol:

Best wishes
Lesley

Jockbird

Post by Jockbird » Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:52 pm

Hi Annette,

Just a thought but perhaps Minnie didn't die before 1899.

One of those Millars that you looked up for me managed to get married a 3rd time, claiming to be a widower (well wife No1 had died but wife No2 shacked up with someone whilst he was on WW1 Service and didn't die for a long time after).

Sorry to just your ffamily by the standards set by some of mine....but it's a thought.

Best wishes

Donna :wink:
x