Callaghan & Brady BMD certs?

East and West

Moderator: Global Moderators

SarahND
Site Admin

Post by SarahND » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:25 pm

Aha! The 1861 census to the rescue... How about these folks (keep in mind this is one of those infamous ancestry OCR transcriptions):

16 Dyk New Row, Shotts, Lanarkshire
Michael Colligan, 30, head, born Kilbride, No E, coal miner
Fany Colligan, 31, wife, born in Ireland
Michael Colligan, 6, son, born in Roshall, Ireland
Bernard Colligan, 4, son, born in Whitburn, Linlithgowshire

Regards,
Sarah

LesleyB

Post by LesleyB » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:28 pm

Hi McBlondie
It's not everyday that you find someone in the occupation of guard to the Pope!!!
Have you seen the outfit they wear?? I'm ashamed to say that as a late teenager/early 20-something, (some time ago...!) I had a fit of the giggles when I saw them in Rome!! :lol:

Best wishes
Lesley

mcblondie

Swiss Guard

Post by mcblondie » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:50 pm

Hi Lesley,

Yes i have Lol, i downloaded as much info as i could, i even managed to get some names of guards who where employed around 1700's but seeing as i don't know the name of my rellie who might/might not be a guard i didn't know who i would be looking for.... hope that made sense lol.

Would be neat if it turns out to be true, so far all i found in my family tree is Coal Miners and farmers, so this would be a big deal eh? My g.g. grandfather poor soul, it says Pauper on his death cert. :(
Callaghan or Callahan & Callachan - Blantyre & Ireland. Polockus -(many variations) Blantyre, Bellshill & Lithuania, Worldwide. Young and Boyle - Hamilton and Fife also Ireland. O'Donnell from Hamilton and Ireland Hastie from Fife also Burns from Fife

mcblondie

Not sure

Post by mcblondie » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:57 pm

Hi Sarah,

I'm sure i have something regarding Michael and Fanny. Will have to have a look at my files, I know that her name has been mis-spelt on a few certs. e.g. on Michaels death cert, 1907 the poor soul he died a pauper and it states that he was the widower of Frances Redux, no wonder i had a hard time trying to locate info on her. I'll look it out tomorrow and try to post it on here to let you see. I think i found something similar to what you posted, and then i found something else saying Michael was born in East Kilbride so that's a strong poss.

I decided to delve into the scottish rellies as i was getting nowhere fast with my lithuanian ones! Jeez, this could drive you to drink lol.
Callaghan or Callahan & Callachan - Blantyre & Ireland. Polockus -(many variations) Blantyre, Bellshill & Lithuania, Worldwide. Young and Boyle - Hamilton and Fife also Ireland. O'Donnell from Hamilton and Ireland Hastie from Fife also Burns from Fife

mcblondie

Sorry

Post by mcblondie » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:11 am

Sorry,

I said Michael died 1907, it was 1904 and Frances Renwick his wife died in 1900 but i think it was registered as Rennox see what i mean about mis-spellings of her name. arrggghhh

I'm on my son's laptop, and for some reason or other it won't let me view my BMD certs on SP? so i can't load them on here for you.

I'll try again tomorrow.

Once again let me thank you all for all help, it is greatly appreciated.

p.s. i got a letter from Lithuanian Archives, giving me there prices for certificates, so fingers x'd that they have some records of my relations. That would make my whole year :D strange and sad that my father and his family don't know much about there fathers family or history in Lithuania? I'm hoping that if i get some BMD certs then i'll book a trip over to Lithy and go searching for living rellies, or tales of the old rellies.

Jack

Post by Jack » Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:04 am

Hi Katie,
You already have Michael & Fanny in 1851. :D
They're over on your other post.
http://talkingscot.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 47&start=0
--
1851 census 651 (644) Ed 23 p 5 (New Monkland)
William RANNIX, 22, b. Ireland
Margaret RANNIX, 28, b. Ireland
James RANNIX, 6, b. New Monkland
Francis RANNIX, 3, b. New Monkland
Catherine RANNIX, 7mos, b New Monkland
Mary KELLACHAN, 53, b. Ireland
James KELLACHAN, 24, b. East Kilbride
Betsy KELLACHAN, 18, b. Ireland
Betsy McKAY, 9, b. New Monkland
Michael KELLACHAN, 21, b. West Kilbride [but shd be East Kilbride]
Fanny KELLACHAN, 22, b. Ireland
Ann RANNIX, 18, b. Irealnd
--
Cheers, Jack

mcblondie

Thanks

Post by mcblondie » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:37 am

Hi everyone,

A big thank you to you all for all the help you have given me on this one. :D

My mystery is slowly unsolving and thankfully my head has stopped spinning. When bits of your past come together it's the greatest feeling in the world, but when they don't... my god it drives you nutty.

Thanks again,

No doubt i'll be posting more probs again soon. Lol :P