Morrison Family Scalpay

Useful places to look up facts

Moderator: Global Moderators

liz hutchison

Morrison Family Scalpay

Post by liz hutchison » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:58 am

Can any tell me if anyone has done any research on the Morrison Family in Scalpay, Descendent's of Angus and Christy Morrison who recently died at the age of 110 years old. Angus was the son of Donald Morrison Scalpay, Christy was the daughter Roderick and Flora MacSween. Laggdoin, Scalpay was where they lived. Liz Hutchison :o :o

paddyscar
Site Admin

Post by paddyscar » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:56 pm

Hi Liz:

Only MacDonalds from Scalpay have been posted so far on TalkingScot.

If you go to http://uk.search.yahoo.com and enter the following into the search box angus morrison scalpay scotland you will find many sources dealing with that family.

An article and photo of Chirstag on her 108th birthday (I should look so good!) from www.stornowaygazette.co.uk

The opening page of the following site includes a photo of an Angus Morrison in naval uniform, with many, many other bits of information.

http://www.virtualhebrides.com/scalpay/ ... le/345.htm

Hope this gives you some good leads,
Frances
John Kelly (b 22 Sep 1897) eldest child of John Kelly & Christina Lipsett Kelly of Glasgow

liz hutchison

Christy Morrison

Post by liz hutchison » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:59 am

Thank You so much what a great site have spent a few hours having a look at the photos. we are friends of Christy Morrisons son Hector Ewen Morrison who has been visiting us for a few days, he is over the moon to see his family since leaving Scalpay in 1971 for Australia. We had a look at the Gazette but could not find Christys Birthday photo at 108 how did you find it, once again thank you.liz :D :D

paddyscar
Site Admin

Post by paddyscar » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:32 am

Hi Liz:

I've sent you the article by e-mail.

Frances

liz hutchison

Christag Morrison

Post by liz hutchison » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:36 pm

Thank you once again how fantastic those sites are, had a laugh with Hector about his age it says 89 years old, he is only 70 now, oops they made a mistake with that, how fantastic to see all those old photos nearly all are related to Hector, he is over the moon, Liz Hutchison :D :D

paddyscar
Site Admin

Post by paddyscar » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:40 pm

Hi Liz:

Glad Hector enjoyed the information! Too bad every town didn't have such a website; it would make it much easier for all of us. Hope he makes it to at least 89, to make the paper accurate :lol:

Frances
John Kelly (b 22 Sep 1897) eldest child of John Kelly & Christina Lipsett Kelly of Glasgow

Rossdmorrison

Re: Morrison Family Scalpay

Post by Rossdmorrison » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:46 pm

My dad was called donald (donnie) watt morrison and his dad my grandad was Alexander morrison who was from scalpay. I think that Hector was my dad's uncle

SarahND
Site Admin

Re: Morrison Family Scalpay

Post by SarahND » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:53 pm

Hello Rossdmorrison and a warm [TS_welcome]

The original poster has not logged into the forum since January of 2012... but with a bit of luck she will get a notification of your post if her email address has remained the same. It's always great to find new relatives!

Best wishes,
Sarah