Where to Now? .....

Pacific and Antarctic Ocean

Moderator: Global Moderators

flyingkiwi

Where to Now? .....

Post by flyingkiwi » Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:48 am

I have been doing up our family tree and have found information on heaps of different family lines except for the line I most want information on. My grandfather and his brother seem to have gone into hiding for the 1901 census, (at ages 6 and 7). My problem is that living in NZ makes it impossible to go in to New Register House and search for living or deceased relatives from 1901 on. I am now at the point where I think I will have to get a researcher to do the job for me. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to do this but can anyone please recommend any researchers to me and email their details to me at andrew.mckendry@xtra.co.nz The other thing I wish to know is how to get my hands on a "census book"??? so I don't have to keep paying money to bring up records - it's starting to cost a fortune. Any advice welcome. Thank you.

DavidWW

Post by DavidWW » Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:07 am

You'll never get your hands on a copy of the enumeration book, but you can buy a microfilm..........

See http://www.gro-scotland.gov.uk/famrec/h ... roflm.html , but then you need a microfilm reader as well :shock: . There's a reasonbly priced second hand market for such in the UK, but I'm unsure of the position in Aotearoa ............

David

StewL

Post by StewL » Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:37 am

If you can get hold of any microfiche, you could always check to see if your local library has a reader. Even my local small local library here has one. I assume Aotearoa is not that backwards still that they dont have any :wink: :wink:
Stewie

Searching for: Anderson, Balks, Barton, Courtney, Davidson, Downie, Dunlop, Edward, Flucker, Galloway, Graham, Guthrie, Higgins, Laurie, Mathieson, McLean, McLuckie, Miln, Nielson, Payne, Phillips, Porterfield, Stewart, Watson

LesleyB

Post by LesleyB » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:25 am

Or you could try your local LDS family history centre - they should be able to order any films in for you at a small cost. Certianly a lot cheaper than buying them, but then it kind depends how far away your nearest LDS centre is!

Best wishes
Lesley
Researching:
Midlothian & Fife - Goalen, Lawrie, Ewart, Nimmo, Jamieson, Dick, Ballingall.
Dunbartonshire- Mcnicol, Davy, Guy, McCunn, McKenzie.
Ayrshire- Lyon, Parker, Mitchell, Fraser.
Easter Ross- McCulloch, Smith, Ross, Duff, Rose.

sporran

Re: missing relatives

Post by sporran » Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:07 pm

Hello Andrew,

I suggest that you post details of your missing relatives and let us see if we can find them. Names, dates and places of births, parents' names and occupations would be a good start.

Regards,

John