low parks museum hamilton?

The History and Geography of Auld Scotia

Moderators: Global Moderators, Russell

gloryer

low parks museum hamilton?

Post by gloryer » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:18 pm

I think low parks museum is in hamilton. I am looking for somebody who lives near there and would be willing to do a couple of digital photos for me. I contacted the museum by e-mails but they are so slow at responding and then they said data protection prevents them from telling me any info on the family I am descended from.
The LAWCOCK family from Douglas is in my direct Line.my great great grandmother is Isabella Lawcock. Anyway the family donated some items to the museum and all I ask is a couple of photos of the items. One is a wedding chair and one is a milkchurn with their initials on it. Would be so pleased if I could see them.
Thanks
GLoria

And It Makes Me Shine

Post by And It Makes Me Shine » Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:01 am

I live quite close and can probably get down in the next week or two. Would probably depend on what is on display at the time but will have a look for you.

Alan SHARP

Re: low parks museum hamilton?

Post by Alan SHARP » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:54 pm

Greetings from New Zealand.

What sort of a museum do you call that - NOT very welcoming !

Sounds like they would be happiest, closing the doors to the public and keeping everything to themselves. Surely against their charter.

I would like to think that the NZ museums would go out of their way to factlitate you, especially as you can prove family association with donated items.

Alan.