Renfrew

The History and Geography of Auld Scotia

Moderators: Global Moderators, Russell

Anniespangles

Re: Renfrew

Post by Anniespangles » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:26 am

Oh hello! Thanks for your lovely welcome! Very intresting .I am from Porterfields from Dumbarton.My Mums maiden name is Porterfield and my grandad was a Robert as was his grandad and his uncle,so Robert appears to be a strong name in the family.Yesterday I discovered with help from the grave diggers at Dumbarton cementery,my great grandads grave Charles Mc Gregor Porterfield and in there along with him is his brother Robert Porterfield,and his grandson William Ferguson and his Granddaughter Anna Hodgson Porterfield.There was no headstone but it looks as though one might have been there at one point.I always had the impression that no one knew where Charles Mc Gregor Porterfield as buried as my papa was only 12 when he died,but my grandparents must have known as there daughter in in there with him (^Anna).My Grandfather Robert Porterfield died in 2010 and my Gran is still very much alive.Famlies! :roll: :lol: Sorry I haven't looked outwardly that close at the Porterfields so I don't know Janet but I think if you delve around deep enough you would see that we are all connected. :D Lovin all this!Iam also looking into the Taylor family who owned several properties in Paisley and Dumbarton.Happy searching!