Thomas Forrest and Marion Watt

Looking for Scottish Ancestors

Moderator: Global Moderators

Heidihei

Thomas Forrest and Marion Watt

Post by Heidihei » Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:53 am

I have found 8 children for them Janet 1797 , George 1799, Alexander 1801, Marion 1804, Thomas 1806 all christened North Berwick, East Lothian John 1809 at Dirleton, East Lothian, Isable 1813, Isabella 1816 [my ancestor] last 2 at Preston Kirk, East Lothian. I have not yet found a marriage for Thomas and Marion. ](*,) I have Marion's death 14 Dec 1849 at Preston Kirk, East Lothian under both names Forrest and Watt. They are in the 1841 c with their daughter Marion living at Brownrigg Preston Kirk. I assume it may be a farming area as the daughter and 2 grandchildren from an other child are farm lab. I also noted that Brownrigg is mention on a couple of the christening records. Have been looking for Marion's parents. It is a possibility it is Alexander Watt and Janet Sanderson making Marion's birth 7 Mar 1773 at North Berwich. On Family Search this Marion is married to a John Lawson. :-({|= Who is right and who is wrong?? :roll: John Lawson and his Marion Watt married at Dunbar parish 1798. New eyes on the problem may help. O:)
Regards Heidi