Isabella Paterson McIlwane.....

Looking for Scottish Ancestors

Moderator: Global Moderators

Scozzie

Post by Scozzie » Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:47 am

I removed what I had here..... cos it was all wrong! what an eejit
Adam/Aird/Bell/Beveridge/Clark/Davidson/Dunn/Millar/Morning/ McKinlay/McVake/McVickers/Pryde/Robertson..... and Smith!

denise agnew

Post by denise agnew » Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:41 pm

Hello again to all. Scozzie I too cannot help feeling for the poor devils - the way they were cramped in those ships which took such a long time to get from England to Australia. My first rellies to come out from Staffordshire in 1880 (Kingstons) wrote a diary which told of my great great aunt Ellen giving birth to a still born child during the journey. They seemed to take it all in their stride but I think they were very stoic and didn't write about feelings - just related the facts. Their courage and determination has given me an understanding of how the Aussie spirit was forged. Most of the books I read now are somehow related to family history. I have just read Commonwealth of Thieves by Tom Keneally which is about the first convict settlers in Sydney. I always end up in tears because they suffered such hardships and it is very emotional to read. Meanwhile I search for clues of Isabella - it's sad to think she came through all that only to die at 30 or 32 years of age.
Dee
Dee, Gold Coast, Australia

WeeRedBox

Re: Isabella Paterson McIlwane.....

Post by WeeRedBox » Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:04 pm

My Great, Great, Grandparents were Andrew McILWAINE and Catherine McMurran as mentioned elsewhere in this thread. In my research I lost track of only Andrew snr and Isabella, after Catherine's death. My query, through lack of understanding of the thread is - we're the above Andrew and Catherine the line that you were seeking to trace?

WeeRedBox

Re: Isabella Paterson McIlwane.....

Post by WeeRedBox » Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:41 am

Dee, I've gone through what was written previously and see clearly that your initial post was sidetracked with reference to my family that was of a different make up so we're not your's that went to Canada or thus your Isabella. Hopefully you found your answers. I'll sometime find mine. Best wishes.