Problem purchasing credits

If you are having difficulty with the ScotlandsPeople site, or have answers

Moderator: Global Moderators

ninatoo

Problem purchasing credits

Post by ninatoo » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:15 am

Is anyone else having diffculty purchasing credits from SP over the last 24 hours?

I keep getting a page telling me it was unsuccessful, transaction was cancelled and a letter was sent to SP on my behalf.

How frustrating! I don't want to try again in case it actually goes through to my account!

Nina
Researching: Easton ( Renfrewshire, Dunbarton and Glasgow), Corr (Londonderry and Glasgow), Carson (Co. Down, Irvine, Ayrshire and Glasgow), Logan (Londonderry and Glasgow)

SarahND
Site Admin

Post by SarahND » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:22 am

Hi Nina,
I haven't tried to purchase credits, but I have been having a lot of trouble getting any search results. It hangs in limbo for a long time, then tells me the site is temporarily unavailable. They must be having some trouble. Very frustrating!

Regards,
Sarah

ninatoo

Post by ninatoo » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:28 am

Thanks Sarah,

Frustrating is the word...just when I want to follow a good lead...oh well! I will just try free searches instead of filling out the bank form to get an idea of when the site will be back to normal.

Nina
Researching: Easton ( Renfrewshire, Dunbarton and Glasgow), Corr (Londonderry and Glasgow), Carson (Co. Down, Irvine, Ayrshire and Glasgow), Logan (Londonderry and Glasgow)

LesleyB

Post by LesleyB » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:11 am

Hi Nina
I've not had any trouble with purchasing credits in the last 24hrs....maybe try sending them a contact form. Perhaps it varies depending on what type of card is used?

Best wishes
Lesley

ninatoo

Post by ninatoo » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:14 am

Hi Lesley,

I managed to purchase today but it was, as Sarah mentioned, a slow process. Maybe that means they are adding things (Marriage index to 2006 perhaps???) :lol:

Nina

SarahND
Site Admin

Post by SarahND » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:08 pm

I also managed to look things up and finally purchase credits last night, but the service was on and off-- the trick was to quickly catch it when it was "on"!

Hope all is back to normal now,
Regards,
Sarah

annie1

Post by annie1 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:04 pm

Hi Nina,

The same happened to me today, so I logged off and on and managed after that, double checked my card just to be sure :lol:
Hope they are adding!!!! Would be great.

Ann
Working on
Rust, Brown & Reid, Aberdeen
Knowles, Murray,Stephen& Mackie, Kincardine
Doig, Reid, Wilson & Keddie, Fife

ninatoo

Post by ninatoo » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:09 pm

Well I'm not one to get anyone's hopes up. but I have noticed that things sometimes go a little pear shaped at SP but then they have something new on when it's all fixed. Let's cross our fingers.

LesleyB

Post by LesleyB » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:34 pm

Hi Nina
It looks to me like the payment screen has changed a little since yesterday - it is not quite the same. Maybe this has been an aspect of the problem.

Best wishes
Lesley

ninatoo

Post by ninatoo » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:02 am

Payments are a problem for me yet again.....although this time I am getting a different message....it says.....

"We're sorry but there was an problem with your request.
Please check your information carefully and try again
or try using another card.
Error: UNABLE TO LOAD MERCHANT DATA"

and when I cut and pasted the above message to here, the message below came with it but it ISN'T on the Scotland's People page, if you see what I mean!

"Your payment is currently being processed. Please do not close the browser window during this process. After your payment has been completed you will automatically be returned to www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk.
ScotlandsPeople Purchase"

Hmmm, I think this needs to be forwarded to Scotland's People too!

Nina