SP problems - 'previous searches' and 'viewed images'

If you are having difficulty with the ScotlandsPeople site, or have answers

Moderator: Global Moderators

ninatoo

Re: SP problems - 'previous searches' and 'viewed images'

Post by ninatoo » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:52 am

Oh no...I've lost all my viewed images! :(
Researching: Easton ( Renfrewshire, Dunbarton and Glasgow), Corr (Londonderry and Glasgow), Carson (Co. Down, Irvine, Ayrshire and Glasgow), Logan (Londonderry and Glasgow)

jennyblain

Post by jennyblain » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:16 pm

Ohmigods... I just checked - me too, I expect it's all of us again. Well, I expect that they will also come back again. But clearly there are some major difficulties with this new web design!
:-({|=

Jenny
http://wyrdswell.co.uk/ancestors

LesleyB

Post by LesleyB » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:20 pm

Yup - me too. No saved images there at all....why does this always seem to happen at the week end???? :roll:

ninatoo

Post by ninatoo » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:33 pm

It's been ages since I had the chance to do any research....I've been moving house....so I am so disappointed! I'm sure they'll get it right, but by then we will be back at work!
Researching: Easton ( Renfrewshire, Dunbarton and Glasgow), Corr (Londonderry and Glasgow), Carson (Co. Down, Irvine, Ayrshire and Glasgow), Logan (Londonderry and Glasgow)

elizaga

Post by elizaga » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:15 pm

Due to my own ill health and being carer for my husband I haven't managed much family history this year, but when I have popped in for another look at a BMD/Census I've been puzzled by not finding it.

Now I've just found this thread, checked my Viewed Images - no Images. Clicked on a Previous Image paid for and told the Site was unavailable.

The problem seems to have gone on a while now. Like others over the years I have spent hundreds on SP. :-({|= I've always had total faith in SP and although I used to print off many Images, I always considered them safely filed on SP. Well when it comes to computer systems.... :roll:

I see some of you say everything was again restored earlier on so here's hoping that is repeated. But what about bought Images which seem to have completely disappeared..... have they gone forever?
MITCHELL Glasgow/Germany
MOFFAT, ELLIOT Glasgow/South Scotland/Ireland
McCULLOCH, LAYCOCK Glasgow, Ireland
GILMOUR Glasgow/Ayrshire
FRASER, McFARLANE Perthshire/Canada
McEWAN Glasgow
ALLAN, DAWSON, PATERSON, SNADDON Clacks
MERRILEES Stirling, Midlothian