What Regiment uniform are these ?.....

All matters military, militia, regiments and the like. Army, Navy, Air Force etc.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Pandabean

Tracey
Global Moderator

What Regiment uniform are these ?.....

Post by Tracey » Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:59 pm

I originally put this from the General board as i didnt see an Armed Forces Forum :oops: and added an extra photo and question :roll:

Does anyone know what regiment this uniform is ?
I have looked on various web sites but didnt find the answer.
http://www.tribalpages.com/tpphotos/ful ... 426454.jpg
It was possibly taken c1910 in Glasgow.

Also this one...........
http://www2.tribalpages.com/tpphotos/fu ... 528942.jpg

Thanks
Scotland - Donaldson / Moggach / Shaw / Geddes / Sim / Gray / Mackie / Richards / Joel / Coull / Mckimmie / Panton / McGregor
Ireland and Scotland - Casey / McDade / Phillips / McCandle / Dinely / Comaskey + various spellings

Ted

Uniform

Post by Ted » Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:47 pm

Hi Tracy

If you do not get any luck here try this link:-
http://www.1914-1918.org/forum/index.php

Lots of experts there willing to help

Best regards

Ted
Looking for Allan / Gordon / Troup / McInnes / Grant / Taylor / Jackson from Aberdeen (city & shire) & Banffshire
Alexander / Allan / Stewart in W Lothian
Allan / Burnett in USA and Canada / Davidson & Philp in Fife and Lanarkshire

Tracey
Global Moderator

Post by Tracey » Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:54 pm

Thanks again Ted

I hadnt found this site, looks like its going to be a really useful one.

Tracey
Scotland - Donaldson / Moggach / Shaw / Geddes / Sim / Gray / Mackie / Richards / Joel / Coull / Mckimmie / Panton / McGregor
Ireland and Scotland - Casey / McDade / Phillips / McCandle / Dinely / Comaskey + various spellings

Tracey
Global Moderator

Post by Tracey » Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:59 pm

................Except that all the last questions seem to have been posted in March this year and you cant view previous questions as they are deemed as old and been removed. Am i doing something wrong or do i have to register to view previous questions, there is nothing telling me i have to do this.

Tracey
Global Moderator

Post by Tracey » Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:01 pm

Found how it works :roll: you have to click on last post not forum topic :?................... strange as i would have thought topic would have been the obvious choice

DavidWW

Post by DavidWW » Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:18 pm

Tracey

I've got a good mate who's an expert Kew military researcher, and is better at uniform identification than the Army Museum :!:

Email the photies to me, please, along with the likely dates, and I'll bounce them off him.

David

Tracey
Global Moderator

Post by Tracey » Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:22 pm

Thank you David

Will mail them ps How do i do that ?

DavidWW

Post by DavidWW » Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:28 pm

Tracey wrote:Thank you David

Will mail them ps How do i do that ?
Hit the email buttonon my post, or type in my email address on yout email software, - 10600.1510@compuserve.com ..................

Meant to add that the first one with the very distinctive cuffs and the hat should be easy, - I'm much less sure of the second one, except that thatere are distinctive spats.

David

Tracey
Global Moderator

Post by Tracey » Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:08 pm

Hello David

I clicked on your mail address ( as there are a lot of numbers and to make sure i got it right) - my email box came up as it does, but the email i sent was returned to me.

DavidWW

Post by DavidWW » Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:19 pm

Tracey wrote:Hello David

I clicked on your mail address ( as there are a lot of numbers and to make sure i got it right) - my email box came up as it does, but the email i sent was returned to me.
Rather than clicking on the email addess, cut and paste it into your email software, but best to use the address below :oops:

Of course, as ever, it always helps to give you the correct email address in the first place :oops: :oops:

Try 106200.1510@compuserve.com

If for any reason that doesn't work, then try david.webster@rossgenealogy.co.uk

David