Institution Research Resources

Asylums, Poor Houses and the like.

Moderator: Global Moderators

marilyn morning
Global Moderator

Institution Research Resources

Post by marilyn morning » Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:58 am

Last edited by marilyn morning on Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

marilyn morning
Global Moderator

Post by marilyn morning » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:30 pm

No Reply Required

David L Munro

Merthly Hospital

Post by David L Munro » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:53 am

Hi:

My grandfather William Munro was a Gordon Highlander and upon return from India in the late 1880's suffered from periods of delusions and confusion due to a virus picked up on duty. He was in and out of Merthly Hospital and died there before 1914 . We obtained his health records but were unsble to acquire any info as to where burried. There were a couple of locations given but no marker in either place. My brother visited this area but could not locate any definate location. There was a comon burial for residents of Merthly Hospital but that was even vage as there was no records found. Would there be any records in the Joiner's listing of building a cofin. He was From Tullybarden.
David
Thanks

Gladfyfe

Re: Institution Research Resources

Post by Gladfyfe » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:58 pm

Hi David,

Can I just check with you. Is this in Perthshire? If so, I know of Murthly Hospital which was demolished in about 2000 and is now a large residential estate. I don't know about burial sites there, but it is close to Kinclaven Church which might hold some clues. The village of Murthly is four miles from Dunkeld, if this is the correct place.

Sorry if I've gone completely off the mark with this info.

Helen (Gladfyfe)