Loss of search SP history

Birth, Marriage, Death

Moderator: Global Moderators

billymac

Loss of search SP history

Post by billymac » Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:16 am

I first joined Scotlands People in early 2010. Up till now I have purchased in excess of some 420 images. I can of course readily access those images on the SP site. If I remember correctly, back when I first joined, you conducted a search and were told there were so many page/pages of results that fitted your search parameters. You then purchased purchased a result page for 1 or 2 units (can\t remember which) and hopefully what you were looking for was included. I am sure back then you could always access this purchased search page/s without actually having to deliberately saving the search.
Where has that facility gone? I know that search results are now free and can be purposely saved but are my past searches now forever lost? After the passage of time can I no longer see if I have conducted a particular search before?
Any information would be greatly appreciated.
regards,
Bill

WilmaM

Re: Loss of search SP history

Post by WilmaM » Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:43 am

I had to go and look!

Still there, I have 62 pages worth, from 2003 until 2016 .

On my tablet, I went into the My Account menu and Saved Searches is an option, along with Saved Images, Timeline, Order History etc.

So all is not lost Bill
Wilma

billymac

Post by billymac » Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:02 am

Thanks for the reply.
I should have looked again before posting. I had trouble perhaps a year ago with not being able to see my past searches ----- maybe it was a temporary glitch at the time and what with having the images, I was resigned to them being gone. I have just checked and all my search results are there. \:D/
Act in haste, repent at your leisure.

Falkyrn

Post by Falkyrn » Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:12 am

As Wilma says check under "Saved Searches" - although I have deliberately saved several searches I have not saved the number that are showing in my history. 209 pages . :roll:
~RJ Paton~

WilmaM

Post by WilmaM » Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:14 am

I should have looked again before posting.
But now I know that they are there - and I know how to find them on my tablet!

I've just checked my desktop and lo and behold right at the top is 'SAVED SEARCHES' - so I'm blind too :geek: :-

It's actually funny looking back through these - I remember well the fear and trepidation before I clicked 'view image' on my first record!
Strangely, 17 years later my daughter is tracing her friend's family and there on that first page are 2 marriages - 1 my daughter's gg grand parents and her friends gg Grandparents too! married a week apart in 1893.
Wilma